When you’re in the midst of a bad marriage and an even worse divorce, it can be almost impossible to foresee a time when you’ll actually be happy again.
Guess what? It will happen. There’s “life after divorce” and those who have been where you are now can tell you all about it. Here are some of the ways that your life after divorce will be changed for the better:
- Your life will get predictable again. The drama will stop because there will be no more fights to have, motions to make or papers to sign.
- You get to remake all the rules for the way you live. You can sleep with the television on and adjust the thermostat however you want now without worrying about anybody’s preferences but your own.
- You can set your own schedule. If you want to go out after work with friends, you can do it without feeling guilty (or getting a guilt trip). You no longer have to justify how you spend your time to anyone.
- If you have kids, you get a guaranteed night off. That may be more than you could say when you were married — and it’s a distinct upside to shared custody.
- You have full control of your finances again. On one hand, that can be scary — but it’s also uplifting. You no longer have to explain every purchase or sneak something you bought into the house because you know your spouse won’t approve.
Essentially, divorce puts you back in full control of your own life and your own future — and if that’s not the ultimate key to happiness, it’s hard to say what is.
For more divorce support and advice, please explore our website or contact our office directly.