Dedicated To Your Family Law Concerns
The law becomes the most personal and complex for you when your family’s interests intersect with it. It can be extremely daunting to look at any family law issue on your own, but you don’t have to. You can get the help of a skilled team of attorneys.
At Cullen Family Law Group, we exclusively practice family law. As a result, we have the experience and legal skills required to represent our clients effectively in all aspects of this broad area. We are lawyers who offer high-quality and personal representation in various areas of family law, as described below.
We work to minimize the stress and turmoil of a divorce, especially when children are involved. We have extensive experience in all matters of divorce, including:
- Termination of domestic partnerships: The break-up of a domestic partnership has most of the same issues as those involved in a divorce.
- Contested vs. uncontested divorce: Many of the most challenging (and expensive) aspects of divorce disappear if the parties agree. We focus on making this happen. When it cannot, we handle a contested divorce, taking it to trial when necessary.
- Military divorce: Special rules may apply in family law matters when a party is on active duty in the military. We handle military divorces for members of the armed services and their spouses.
- Property rights (simple and complex): We use our extensive knowledge of California law to ensure our clients are treated fairly in the division of community property.
- Property settlements: We represent our clients effectively during all divorce property settlement negotiations.
- Business valuations and business controllable cash flow: As part of the division of property in a divorce, a business must be properly valuated, including any business cash flow.
- Spousal support/alimony: We have the experience to protect our clients in determining temporary and permanent spousal support.
Our goal is to provide you with the services you need, when you need them. We care about you and your issues and work hard to pursue your goals.
Child Custody And Child Support
Child-related concerns have incredibly high stakes, but we have the skill, experience and confidence to guide you through such complex situations as:
- Child support: We represent clients seeking fair resolution of support disputes, including initial and permanent support orders.
- Wage assignments (collections of support): Our office assists in creating, modifying, and terminating wage assignments.
- Child custody and visitation: We help clients resolve custody and visitation disputes, resulting in orders that represent the best interests of the child(ren).
- Communicating with your children: We encourage our clients to keep lines of communication open and honest with their child(ren) during what can be a very difficult time for them as well.
We work closely with you to understand your goals and hopes for your life with your children. Our top priority is pursuing the outcome that will make the most sense for you.
Modifications And Relocations
When things change, so should your post-divorce decrees. The law allows people to pursue changes in many situations, including:
- Modification of custody and support: When there is a substantial change in circumstances by one of the parties, the Court can change (modify) the current custody and support orders.
- Parental relocations/move-aways: When one parent wants to move away from another parent and take the child, it is probable that the party who is requesting to move with the child must request that the Court allow such a move to take place. The Court cannot stop the party from moving, but it may stop the child from being moved.
We help parents pursue and defend relocation petitions and modifications, no matter their circumstances.
Parental Rights And Guardianships
Establishing parental relationships (often referred to as paternity) creates a legal relationship between a parent and a child. It also confers all legal rights and responsibilities of parenthood. So of the areas we help with include:
- Parental alienation: If you feel you are being alienated from your child, we will work to justly restore your rights as a parent.
- Guardianships: We can provide you with skilled guidance on how to obtain a guardianship and the proper procedures you will need to follow.
- Grandparents’ rights: Under California laws, grandparents can petition for visitation rights. However, recent case law has made this difficult. We can help.
- Stepparent adoptions: We are knowledgeable in local stepparent adoption laws and can assist in representing you.
Building your family is a beautiful goal, and we want to help you.
Mediation And Collaborative Law
Mediation and collaborative law are essential tools for resolving family law issues in a manner that can benefit all parties involved.
Domestic violence is not just between husbands and wives. It describes violence between domestic partners, parents and children, siblings, and people in dating relationships.
Contact Us Today
Effective representation in family law matters requires a thorough understanding of the law and the ability to respond to families in crisis. We invite you to contact our office today for a confidential consultation with one of our spousal support attorneys in Corona.