Fast. Fair. Thorough.

Parental Alienation

While it is unfortunately common for divorcing parents to make disparaging remarks about each other in front of their child, this is not healthy for the child or in their best interests. In extreme cases, this is known as parental alienation syndrome (PAS). Parental alienation is when one parent acts in such a way that they alienate a child from the other parent. This may be from constant negative or even false comments about a parent to a child — in essence, brain-washing. If you feel you are being alienated from your child, we can help you.

Being Alienated From Your Child

At our family law firm, senior attorney Heather M. Cullen and the high-quality team of attorneys and staff are here to make sure your rights as a parent are being upheld. We encourage open and positive communication between parties and certainly are against the idea of one parent alienating the other from their child. In some cases, a parent may be seeking revenge or is threatening to move out-of-state with the child without court permission. This is serious and requires legal representation.

You have rights as a parent; own them. Contact us to discuss your parental alienation case with one of our highly skilled parental alienation attorneys. Call 951-824-6449.

Parental Alienation: Not In The Best Interests Of The Child

The most important standard for determining child custody and visitation issues is the best interests of the child. In almost all cases, parental alienation is not in the best interests of a child and is a strong argument against the actions of an alienating parent. We will help you build a case against the alienating parent and help restore your relationship with your child.

There are many methods in fighting parental alienation. Not all of them have to be combative or lead to litigation, although we are prepared to aggressively represent you at trial. Some of these methods include:

  • Mediation: We can attempt to mediate the problem with the other parent and their attorney and try to work out the underlying issues.
  • Modifications: We can seek a modification of the custody or parenting plan agreement in order for the parent to receive more visitation time.
  • Child custody evaluation: We can request a child custody evaluation by a psychiatrist or neutral evaluator and report recommendations to the court.

Contact Us For Experienced Family Law Representation

If you are facing parental alienation issues, we invite you to contact our California family law firm today. We offer initial and confidential consultations. Call 951-824-6449 to discuss your situation with one of our knowledgeable Corona child custody lawyers. Reach out to us in Riverside or Temecula.